Friday, January 30, 2009

Quilts, Blankets & Afghan

The quilt my grandmother made me - don't pay any attention to the pictures of me - I was totally in shock when they gave this to me - I never in a million years expected this quilt - but it is something I will treasure for a life time.


Not very good pictures of me - but the quilt is the one my grandmother made me for my birthday in 2006. I have it on my bed and sleep under every night it almost as good as having her next to me each night.

I Start my quilting class Saturday morning - I'm excited about this - my grandmother made me a quilt back in 2006 for my birthday and ever since I have wanted to learn how. So above are the fabrics I picked out for my first quilt - I can't wait to see how it will turn out. I love doing stuff like this and I find it relaxing and enjoyable. There is a lady at our church (her name is LaJoyce) that offered to teach me and my friend Teresa and one other lady named Carolyn.
This is my new sewing machine I got for Christmas - and quilting will be my first project on this new machine. I was so surprised when Paul gave this to me - I totally did not expect this gift at all. I have other projects planned for this machine also - such as an apron or two and a few receiving blankets, burp cloths and diaper bag.

This is my grandmother with her tie blanket I made her - she totally fell in love with it and my Mom says that she really does use it. I picked the fabric because she and I both love Red Birds and I knew she would really like it and I guess I was right.

This is my niece Paige with her tie blanket that I made for her and she really acted like she liked it allot. I haven't heard if she uses it or not - but I knew she would like the kittens and the bright colors. Paige is such a sweet heart any way - Paul and I really miss her being around - we use to spend allot of time with her when she was a little thing but she will be 13 this March and I can't believe it - where did the time go. Paige if you are reading this sweetheart - Aunt Donna loves you very much.

I made one other tie blanket for my friend Teresa - but I failed to get a picture of it before I gave it to her. But being the friend she is I know when she reads this blog she will take a picture for me.

Here is Tiff with the afghan I crocheted for her. I thought the colors where pretty. She says that she likes it.
I love to Crochet - I have made many baby blankets, afghans and scarfs. I came across some yarn the other week that I used to make Sherry Woody's afghan and I wondered if she still uses it - I never forget how thrilled she was when I gave it to her. Those expressions of joy are what I really like to see when I make and give someone something - I don't do it for recognition but just for the pure joy I see in my friends lives when they receive something I have made for them.
I made 2 other afghans this past Christmas - but I didn't get pictures of them either. Maybe one of them will read the blog and take pics for me. If not - that's OK to.
In the month of January I made 6 scarfs and only one was for myself - I gave the others away.
Mrs. Lanier total me that every time she puts on the scarf she will think of me - I love you Mrs. Lanier - you are so precious to me.
Well enough for now - I have to get ready for Quilting 101 tomorrow.






1 comment:

Don and Sherry said...

I loooovvvveeee my afghan, and I looooovvveeee my friend Donna and her wonderful gifts of love. You are a sweetie, what a lucky soon to be grandbaby you have. :)